Books and a Babe!






Reading has always remained not so constant in my life. While there have been months where I may have not looked at a book, there have been weeks when I’ve been consumed by books that fill the quota of lost time.

And then, on one fine 2024 morning, Neha introduced me to Book Swap. I went to their first event in Jan this year and have not missed an event since. Book Swap introduced me to bandrareads; a bunch of people coming together on Sunday mornings and reading at a park.

17th March, a day of books and a babe!

I think I suffer from clinical depression. I have not diagnosed myself, out of fear, but I know enough through conversations and Ted Talks, and whatnot. I also have severe attention disorder (ADHD). You must have realized that by now cos I just did. So, let’s get back to the Sunday.

Today was my 2nd reading session with bandrareads. Between last Sunday and this, I finished reading ‘Ikigai’ and started with ‘People you meet on a Vacation’.

I packed my shoulder bag carrying the current book I am reading, Room by Emma Donahue (the book I chose for the swap), a book and a pen (to doodle if I felt like it) a mat, a bottle of water, and my Insta 360.

The next 2 hours, 8am to 10am were spent reading under the shade of a tree, sitting on the mat on the grass, my camera recording a timelapse of the serenity that prevailed.

Up next was the Book Swap, an event that has opened up the world of books and intellectual stimulation for me. My reading horizons have expanded and I have realized, once again, that reading is the best thing you can do for yourself.

The next 3 hours were spent listening to people talk about the book they read and why everyone should read it. What an afternoon.

I was sorted for the rest of the day and thought nothing could have topped my Sunday plan.

Then the phone buzzed. Chrissy was on my side of the pond today and had expressed an interest that she wouldn’t go back without meeting me.

9 pm and I am out of the house again, chirping and driving my way around traffic to pick up Chrissy. We drove around and chatted endlessly about topics that held our attention, as always. It’s so good to find someone who resonates with you in many ways. Such a babe, Chrissy!

I finally came home past midnight after what was one of the best Sundays this year!


Comments