2013... In Retrospect!

365 days... Each day had a new story to tell. We moved from one house to another. And then we moved a little more. A lot of resolutions were made; not one was followed.

This year was more about booze and smokes and weed and fights and brawls and making new friends and more enemies. Different aspects shaped up differently throughout this year. 2013 kept throwing difficulties and I am proud that I successfully dodged majority of those away. This year will go down in history as they year when I was at my lowest too. I have earned a badge (if I were on FourSquare) of being unemployed for an entire year. YES! Unemployed for 1 full year... 365 WHOLE DAYS... from Jan 1st right till today, Dec 31st.

I need to also put on record that this is also the year when I have travelled to more places (within city, I mean) and partied a lot more than I would usually do. Also, to be noted that this is the year where I have been the most happy and even more sad at times. I have been loved, hated, cheated, respected, been broke, been super rich, ditched, left alone, given company, made to feel special, made to feel like thrash, made friends, lost friends, HATED a few (seriously hated... I mean I could kill a few), ignored, being ignored, danced, cried, ran, repented, accepted, learned and experienced a whole lot of things to be a better person for myself. 

Entering 2013

--> We entered 2013 with a bang. It was like giving a cold shower to a beautiful girl on New Years Eve and then getting drunk and loud and aimlessly just aiming at fun. Thanks Nari, Dinesh, Shika and everybody else, especially Chaand, for the lovely entry into 2013.

--> Forgetting the day long brunch on the 1st day of 2013 at Jam Jar Diner is also unforgettable. What started as a meal at noon ended with beers, dumb charades and more people joining in what lasted till midnight. Good Times.

Our 4 legged family


--> The best news of 2013 for me. Dexters continuously deteriorating health and his fluctuating sugar levels had come back to normal. A very big thanks to the efforts of Mom, Dad and Didi for taking care of them. However, all the credit goes to Noodles. Without her, this could not have been possible. (I just read it and I know it sounds very filmy, but its a fact)

Dexter, at the worst of his health in early 2013

healthy again by the end of 2013

 --> Cuddles: We are glad we finally gave up finding a home for you. You were already home when we took you in on that Sept Sunday night in 2012. With your notorious habits, you fit right in the family. And ya, thanks for keeping Coco on his feet. :P. I am sure you are enjoying your time in Mangalore.
Completely GANGSTA...

--> Frisky: She brought a lot of joy in my otherwise very dull and slow year. I had reasons to smile. Her non stop attention seeking nature, her quiet behavior and desire for unlimited love made my day, everyday that I spent with her. Frisky, I will love you forever. Thanks for giving dadu company through his ordeal. 
The most graceful girl that I have every seen.

--> Bholi, Misi and Chotu Paku: Our family just keeps getting bigger and better.

 Bholi, a stray cat in Shika's building was a victim of human torture. Pregnant with 4 kittens at the time, she was kicked hard in the belly by someone (still dont know who did this bastardly act) and had suffered severly. 2 out of the 4 kittens were dead inside.
The mom who survived... 

The girl, Misi,  came into this world with horrible physical deformities and fought for 5 days before leaving for cat heaven. Weak and frail, we did all we could to save this girl but... somethings are not destined to suffer here.
Not so lucky... R. I. P. Misi
 This one is a small nuclear device that sets off at any given point of time. He survived alongwith mom to take care of her. Words cannot explain it, you much watch them play together.
Chotu Paku... the survivor and the naughty one

Mishap

--> Ankit Aneja (Delhiwala haramkhor): I am the reason why this guy was asked to leave his rented accomodation in Andheri within and month. In a literal way of speaking, he was thrown out cos of me. Why? I slapped the security guard of his building. Don't ask me why; he deserved it. :P Sorry bro. But I feel the new place where you moved was lucky for you. You now sit in Singapore and (as I am writing this) you are showing off to Jess.
But thanks for the birthday party at your place. Your surprise sucked big time but hey! any reason to drink right?

Trips

--> Mangalore: This was the closest that I came, this year, to nature and was also the only vacation that I had. And boy did I have fun. I got to meet and spend 5 days with 6 dogs in the lovely village of Mulki, Mangalore. I could live there I am telling you.
We also made another trip to Mangalore. It was more of a quicky. We drove through the night, leaving Bombay at 9 pm, with Cuddles in the back seat, reaching our destination at 4 the next afternoon. Post a small meal and an hours sleep, we started our long drive back to Bombay with Frisky in tow. Farewell Cuddles, welcome home Frisky Rani.

--> Hyderabad: This was another trip we made to rescue a car from there and bring it back home. Oh yes! This trip had the thrills and the frills attached to it. 2 wonderful nights in Hyderabad followed by a long drive back to Bombay in a car with no spare wheel, bruised tyres and no papers. But the car was good to us. It did not stall, did not puncture and/or did not give us the slightlest of trouble enroute.

The Last Bit

The last 3 months have been the toughest on me. I have been put on the test every moment of my life for the last phase. There were things that shouldn't have happened and people who shouldn't have behaved in a way that they did. But life moves on. It teaches you lessons. It teaches you how blind trust makes you fall flat on your face. I learned not to commit beyond my capacity and expect anything from anybody else.

I am glad the year will end on a good note.



happy 2014!!!!







Songs that played while I composed this blog:
1. Thunderclap- Adventure Club
2. Washed Out Road- Spencer & Hill
3. Empire of the Sun- DNA ft. Calvin Harris
4. Long Road to Hell- Avicii
5. Mafia Wars- Pawl
6. Umami- Yves V
7. Not taking this no more- nervo ft. ivan gouch and beverly knight
8. In Search of Sunrise 6 (Ibiza)


Comments