lunch with mom... a childhood memory

"this boy was something else. he was always ziddi and demanded fairnesse as a small kid.", said my kaki just as we were winding up lunch. yes, i had lunch with my family and my family is not complete without my kaki. on the contrary, i'd not mind not having mom, dad and didi around if kaki is with me. even then i'd call it a family lunch.

a lot of stories about my childhood were narrated yesterday. i will, maybe, write about those too but i like this one cos i think it says something about what kind of a kid i was.

my kaki, whom i will now refer to as mom (she actually means more to me than my own mom), decided to take me out for lunch. so, mom, dad (kaka) and me went to a fancy restaurant in town for lunch. i must not be more than 5 years i guess.

now, this place was real fancy and it was a holiday, so it was packed to the brim. there was a long wait outside and we were stuck in the waiting area forever. it seemed that the staff was also getting irritated with so many people and everything seemed like a rush. to a point they were also asking  customers to pre-order quickly so that the food would be ready the moment they take their seats.

then a waiter came to us handing a menu at dad and asking us to keep our orders ready so that the waiting time can be reduced. as dad was discussing the menu with mom, i pulled on moms dress and told her as she leaned,

"please tell dad, they can keep pushing us to place an order but i have waited a long time in line to go inside and i am going to take my sweet time to eat and no one dare come and ask me to hurry when i am eating."


Comments