Something else was in store!

The entire month of July was one crazy impromptu schedule. 30th June, I met Molly at IBC. 2 years of being in Pune and we had not hung out so much.
Bombay brings people closer like no other city. The busy life of this city makes you crave the time spent with friends. To me, that friend became Molly, a hot shot banker who cannot stick to one plan in her head. We'd bonded well as friend's once she moved to this 24/7 city. We'd meet at IBC and chit chat over beers.
That day, Molly was also accompanied by Saluja, banker and colleague. The 3 of us chilled. And then we chilled some more. So much so that we chilled every evening from that day onwards. Everyday, we'd sit at Table OS4, drinking beers, eating food, mingling with the staff, walking away to smoke some ganja and repeating the entire process. We did this for an entire month.
Yesterday icing on the cake. We were wondering on this idea of driving to Pune and reliving our days in the city. It was further changed to driving till Lonavala, chilling and driving back. With a good plan, I packed my portable speaker and geared up for the exciting Sunday.
4th August:
It had been pouring all night and the govt had announced a red alert. That wouldn't dampen our spirits.
We met as decided and I steered the car towards JVLR and off we were, driving through water looked roads. The rain was still lashing against the car and the visibility was almost zero. As we kept driving, it kept getting worse, until...
We hit a Olympic size swimming pool. Yes, the road ahead looked as if it had been washed away by a tsunami. I had already driven over an invisible speed bump at high speed, realising that it was not gonna be easy. We instantly knew that crossing this water logged section was not gonna be possible and our dreams of heading ahead were washed away like the road.
Nothing was gonna dampen our spirits of having a good day though. It was then decided that we would spend the lovely, monsoons morning, doing things in town itself. With that decided, we pumped up the music and turned back and headed towards the assumably empty streets of South Bombay.
Stop No. 1: Starbucks, Fort
Molly, ditching the YES bank umbrella for my fancy one!
Molly had to use the washroom, so we parked and used the facility, followed by a yummy Double Chocolate Cookie at Starbucks. This was followed by a small Fashion shoot for Molly.

Stop No. 2: Yazdani Bakery
I wish I was thinner, I'd have 2 of these.

Umbrellas up, we took a gentle stroll around Hornima  Circle and entered the Parso bakery for some chai and brun maska... Oh so yummy.

Stop No. 3: Starbucks, Fort (again)
Too much single shot overload. 

We walked back to the cafe cos we craved some shots of Expresso. One shot was followed by another as we got jacked up on caffeine. Now, it was time to roll a joint or as Molly would say, joint a roll. So that happened.
We drove around the circle to smoke it as these guys were apprehensive of getting caught by cops. Driving around didn't turn out to be too fruitful so we parked again and finished what was lit. The look on Molly and Saluja's face were that of a lil fear and caution. While I enjoyed the blunt, they didn't make the most of it. Yes, we know better so there were no pictures of the same.

Stop No. 4: Gateway Of India



I couldn't stop photobombing

Now that I was proper high and things started making (non)sense to me, we headed to the next stop. The climate was perfect for a sea side chill session at Gateway of India. We stopped and soaked in the view of the sea and almost got splattered by water twice. Molly, photo freak as ever kept asking Saluja to click her pictures and me, high as fuck, kept photobombing her smiles. A cute picture of both of us made me stop. If we're not clicking this girl alone, we were clicking selfies.

Stop No. 5: Marine Drive



See, told you, we were just clicking. Look how fat I have become. I need to get back in shape, was a thought that did run my mind but today, today was all about having fun.

THE CARTER ROAD INCIDENT

Our next stop was Carter Road. We drove around the city and ended up in Carter Road. Saluja stopped the car at the promenade and we strolled around on Carters. Show off Saluja found some pull up bars and started showing off. Upon a challenge, I decided to show him that I can hang on a bar for 10 seconds. 100 bucks were on the line and I decided to go for it. Just as I stepped on the ledge to grab the bar, a loud thud brought me crashing down. I had banged my head on the parallel pole and Molly, however concerned, couldn't stop laughing. After a bout of head rubbing, I tried again, this time to hold the bar at exactly where a bird had pooped. YUCK!
That was that for the challenge. We decided it was not a good idea and Molly, out of nowhere started craving French Fries at McDonalds. Within the next 15 minutes, we found ourselves at a McD binging on fries.

The IBC climax

How can any trip involving us could not end on a high note. With that in mind, we drove to IBC and spend the evening drinking beers and making merry. Since Molly and Saluja could not enjoy their street side joint, we rolled one more and the two finally got some much needed buzz.

All in all, a Sunday well spent. :)

Comments