2022, such a disappointing fuck!

From kicking off the first gig of 2022 to having a broken collar bone from the most stupid accident you'd have heard of, 2022 had everything for me. 

What a roller coaster this year has been! 

Jan to Mar was a dull affair. Nothing too great happening for me there. Just work and the usual stuff. The only excitement around the New Year fever was the recent proposal acceptance by 2 of my close friends... 

These 3 months were pretty much work, parties, drinks, alcohol, and substances. Yeah, I'd been at the peak of my partying days since my move back to Pune in 2021. 

After this, the madness started. 

Firstly, that nasty fall from the bike. Nasty, not cos it was a severe accident, but cos it was the stupidest thing to happen to me. After a long day at work, we (Kritika, Vinay, and me) decided to go home and chill over some Dhokla and music. We rode absolutely fine till my gate (Vinay was following in his. car). While we waited for the security to come and open the gate, I blacked out and had a nasty fall. Upon waking up, I found myself in the lap of Kritika who was trying to gauge how much I'd injured myself. Luckily no head injury. But as she tried to pull me up to a seating position, I cringed from a resulting pain shooting from my right shoulder. "Oops! I thought to myself."

They put me in bed and I had to suffer the night of agony and pain and sleeplessness. Realizing that this was not just a small injury but a possible fracture, I woke up in tremendous pain still, went to the nearest nursing home, and got an XRay. "A broken collar bone," said the doctor. :(

By evening, news had spread in the circle and I was tagged 'Boy who fell off a stationary bike and broke his collarbone.' Well, which of my incidents/ stories have ever been simple, eh?

What this injury led to was:
1. I had to leave my lovely job at ONE. I resigned in May
2. To ensure better care of my health (it had started falling apart severely after the accident due to immobility), I joined a Corporate job right next door. It was fun to be able to work when the sun shined and sleep like a human. Thought I have finally gotten to a good space.
3. By December, the spine had caved in badly and I was also diagnosed with Early stage Pneumonia. 

I moved back to Bombay for treatment and physiotherapy for the spine. 

Present Day- Its May of 2023 and while I have recovered, I am still unable to find a suitable job and might end up working in a BPO and never be able to go back to Pune. :(

2022, you were indeed a disappointing fuck!





Comments